***Limited to residents of PNA Nations: Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tokelau and Tuvalu.
May 2nd, World Tuna Day is approaching! The day to commemorate the existence of tuna and its contribution to our daily lives. A day to spread awareness of the importance and value of tuna, both to the Pacifical community and consumers worldwide. We want to celebrate it together with you!
Post a video clip on Facebook to win $1,500 USD if your video ends up in first place. Second place will win $750 USD and the third place $ 500 USD.
What you should do:
- Introduce yourself, your name and where you live. Tell us what role tuna plays in your daily life or your Pacific community.
- Show us in real time a recent finalized government-led project*** that had an impact on your community, making things better for your local area, friends and/or family.
- Show and have people explain us in your video how your country’s tuna resources are contributing to these developments.
***The project can be of any nature (examples: Healthcare, Education, Communication, Employment, Conservation, Battling Rising Sea Levels climate Change, Infrastructure, etc.).
Post your video on Facebook:
- Please post your video clip on your own Facebook page and tag our company page @PACIFICALtunaMSC. Please include the hashtag #worldtunaday2021.
- Send us a private message directly to our Pacifical Facebook page. Let us know your full name, nationality, email and mobile number immediately after uploading the video:
What are the criteria?
1. 50% of the evaluation criteria will be based on:
- How well you communicate the project and its impact to your community
- Content quality
- Video quality
2. The other 50% will be judged based on the amount of likes your video clip has received by May 1st midnight Marshall Islands time (GMT+12).
- Deadline: Friday, April 30th 2021 (18:00 hrs Marshall Islands time (GMT+12))
- Decision announcement: Sunday, May 2nd 2021
- Videos can be maximum 2 minutes long
- Contest limited to residents of the Pacifical PNA Nations: Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tokelau and Tuvalu