Join us as an intern for 3 months in The Netherlands and experience firsthand how the tuna industry works and the importance of your Pacific Nation in assuring there is tuna for generations to come. Acquire a new international perspective about the tuna industry so that you will be equipped to make a difference for our oceans! Only open to PNA Nationals.
Meet Our Previous Interns
Working abroad, I have realized that time management is very important.
I am amazed that the PNA countries control over 50% of the world’s stock of skipjack tuna.
It is interesting to know that many retailers and consumers are supporting sustainable tuna fishing.
It is vital for the retailers, NGOs and consumers abroad to understand the importance of tuna to our people.
Grace Cecilia Roland
Papua New Guinea
Interested about their experiences with us? Check out their stories in the following link: pacificalinsider.wordpress.com
Internship Opportunity Description
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from store checks, internal and external market research.
- Perform market analysis and research on the European and global market data for MSC certified tuna.
- Work together with the Pacifical team on communication strategies for selected target markets.
Pacifical is offering:
- Experience working in a highly innovative and dynamic multi-national company with a diverse cultural team.
- 3 months intensive business training in commercial and market development in the Netherlands to begin in Summer.
- First-hand knowledge on the global tuna industry and the international market.
- Opportunity to participate in international events and conferences in the Tuna Industry here in EU.
- Pacifical will fund all travel expenses, food, lodging and a monthly allowance for the duration of the internship.
- Local citizen from one of the PNA countries.
- Good understanding of the basics of business and economics.
- Excellent English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed calculation and analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional work ethic.
- Willingness to live in the Netherlands for 3 months.
- Current university student or graduate in a commercial, economic or – marketing-related field of study is preferable.
Next year 2020, we will be receiving an intern from Solomon Islands. Applications will open in October 2019.
Please submit your letter of interest, including an extensive description of your motivation for applying for this internship, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae by email to us.